PRIVACY & PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY STATEMENT
We believe in protecting your privacy. We are committed to preserving the confidentiality of your personal information and data that you submit through https://www.medicalcheckup.com.my/ in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia (“PDPA”). To safeguard your personal data, all electronic and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
We will not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to a third party (with exception of third parties in connection with provision, marketing or offering of Medical Check Up’s services), or make any other use of your personal information or data for any purpose which is not incidental to your use of this Website or our services.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you visit our website, your Personal Information will also be automatically collected by the browser as you visit any website. We may collect the following personal data about you:
- Personal information such as your full name, passport or identity card number
- Contact information such as billing address, phone number and email address
- Payment information such as your debit or credit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address, expiry date and other bank account details
- Information relating to the sexual orientation, physical or mental health / genetic info and health conditions
For general web browsing although no personal data is revealed to us, certain technical and statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider such as cookies, your IP address, the time, date and duration of your visit.
This information is collected for survey purposes to enable us to improve our website and services. All this data will be collected anonymously and will not be used with any Personal Information.
We and third-party networks, including Google, will use third-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, improve, and display advertisements based on the visitor’s last visit to our site, including reports on the effectiveness of the advertisement itself, the use of advertising services, and whether it affects the number of visits to our site by studying the interaction of the effectiveness of advertising and advertising services.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal data either from you, from your authorized representatives, from third parties, or from publicly available sources which may include (but is not limited to):
- When you register for our services (for example when you submit an application form to become our customer)
- When you contact us in person, by a phone call or over the counter (for example when you contact us for any enquiries, complaints, comments or feedbacks, we may keep record of that correspondences)
- When you participate in any surveys, questionnaires, competitions, contests, offers, or promotions done internally or via an appointed third party
- When you commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider, or business partner)
- When you visit our clinic
- When you attend any of our corporate events or third party open day
- When you visit or browse our websites
- When you apply job with us
- When you interact with us via social media or interactive applications including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- From such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of personal data relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
PURPOSES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You agree that we may use your personal data and/or processed may include but not be limited to the following purposes:
- To verify your identity
- To notify you about benefits and changes to the services
to provide and improve our services to you including billing for services and facilitating payments
- To carry out your instructions or to respond to any enquiries, complaints, comments or feedbacks that you have submit to us
- To update, consolidate and improve the accuracy of our records
- To administer competitions, contests, offers, or promotions
- To produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
- To conduct surveys, questionnaire, and provide you with information from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To engage in business transactions in respect of services to be offered and provided to you
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations under the applicable laws, regulations, guidelines or industry codes that applies to us
- For internal management of the services being provided to you
- To provide training for our staff
- To conduct marketing and promotion activities
- To persons who have been identified as being you or your authorised representative(s) pursuant, for the purpose of the relevant transaction or enquiry
- To third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us (such as analysis on our behalf) for any of the purposes described above. Where we disclose your personal data to third parties we shall ensure that such data is used only to provide services to us
for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computers hard drive. Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to taking all reasonable and practical steps to ensure that all information or data collected or provided is protected from unauthorized loss, misuse, modification or use, or unauthorized use, access, disclosure, modification and damage. We will work to ensure that any Personal Information that has been collected will be stored securely. We protect your Personal Information by:
- Restrict entry or access to Personal Information;
- Maintain and ensure that good measures have been taken to prevent unauthorized access and access to computers; and
- Carefully dispose of and / or delete your Personal Information when it is no longer needed.
Our site may link to other websites and we are not responsible for their data policies, procedures or their content.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
By submitting your personal data, you consent to the use of that personal data as set out in this Policy. If we change our Policy, we will publish the amended version on this page. Continued use of the service will signify that you agree to any such changes.
RELATED INFORMATION FOR ADMISSION, ACCESS, CORRECTION AND INQUIRIES
You may at any time make a written request to “Medical Check Up” to correct any personal data of yours that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out-of-date and “Medical Check Up” shall, upon receipt of your written request for correction(s), take all necessary measures to give effect to such correction(s).
Please direct any requests to withdraw consent or to request access and/or correction to any Personal Data as follows: